Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Top Ten

I always love to see what people put on Top Ten lists, and I am always curious if the movies I think are extraordinary are on them. I decided to try and sort through my favorite movies and come up with a Top Ten of movies that hit me real hard.

1) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest:  I think there is a little bit of McMurphy in all of us, and maybe a little bit of Chief as well.

2) Yojimbo: A western that takes place in medieval Japan. One of the best.

3) Waltz with Bashir: An interesting look at war and the soldiers in it, and the State of Israel as well.

4)  The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: It may be 177 minutes, but it never loses your attention, it just gets better and better.

5) Man Bites Dog: a black and white mockumentary about a serial killer... Yes, it's a mockumentary. Yes it's very dark. No, do not watch if you have just eaten. It really is good though.

6) The Maltese Falcon: Humphrey Bogart is awesome, and the story is too.

7) Blade Runner: I'm a huge fan. Visuals are stunning. Story is awesome. Did I mention I'm a huge fan?


8) The Big Lebowski: Another cult favorite, but hilarious all the same. See it for the bowling, and the rug.

9) Monty Python and the Holy Grail: Been a favorite since I was 10 years old, and still silly to this day. The jokes never get old.

10) The Seven Samurai: The best. It's 3 hours long, but it never gets boring. Kurosawa is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment